My photo
Greg Taylor is a digital marketing professional and a music photographer from Tempe, AZ -originally from Warren, NJ. Feel free to email me with any questions regarding my company GRT2 Studios, marketing, photography or music at grtaylor@mac.com

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Silence of Photography

The deafening silence of photography is powerful. When making photographs or viewing photos no sound is captured. The sound of the people, the music or the weather lays within our minds.

I was inspired to shoot some Tempe architecture by viewing my friend Jon VanderMey's photos of his local architecture and sights.  ASU has some great buildings for photography - so I took advantage of this great winter day and went on a photowalk.

Typically I do a lot of concert photography and there is always sound associated with each picture. Not so today. More than the picture I made I enjoyed the silence of the subjects. I was able to create my own soundtrack to today's shoot. Do you know how powerful that can be?




What do you think about or listen to when you are taking photographs? (All photos from today can be viewed here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment